Learn how to make a homemade vanilla cake from scratch step by step by Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
Part 1: Easy Homemade Vanilla Cake from Scratch
In this video we’ll show you how to make a simple homemade vanilla cake from scratch.
This recipe makes 4 cups of batter.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (270 grams)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar (265 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (120 grams)
- 1 cup milk (1%, 2% or skim) (0.237 liters)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes
How to make
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter cut into small cubes, a few cubes at a time, and mix until the batter appears grainy with a sand-like texture to it.
- Next, add the eggs and mix until just combined. Slowly add the milk and the vanilla.
Grease two 9″ round cake pans or one 9″x13″ cake pan at 350F for 30-35 or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire wrack. Frost as desired.
Easy Homemade Vanilla Cake from Scratch
Part 2 (Filling a Cake)
In this video, we’ll show you how to easily fill and torte a cake using an easy chocolate ganache recipe.
Simple Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (8 ounces)
How to Fill & Torte a Cake: Simple Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Part 3 (How to Frost a Cake with Homemade Buttercream)
In this video, we’ll show you how to make vanilla buttercream for icing (frosting) a cake and how to apply the buttercream to the cake.
Simple Vanilla Buttercream Recipe:
- ½ cup butter (120g)
- 3 cups icing sugar (300g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (10mL)
- 4 tablespoons milk (60mL) OR LESS
How to Frost a Cake with Homemade Buttercream Recipe